It is a video sharing platform designed out for users who prefer to upload and share something new on internet. It is headquartered in New York City, New York, U.S serving worldwide under parent organization IAC and getting ranked at 134 on Alexa chart.
The site is working well with 7 languages and is having community of 80,000,000 creators at present.
How it started?
It came into existence in November 2004 by Jade Lodwick and Zach Klein who were planning to set such a platform where they can manage to share videos with their friends thus discovering out Vimeo.
Why are they popular than any other platform?
When it comes to hosting online videos, we consider two platforms YouTube and Vimeo. YouTube is a big giant in this market but Vimeo is also not far behind instead of having smaller audience scale. Following are some of its key points that make it popular;
• They have community of professionals: They have well functioned network of people who are interested in creating an intimate community focussed on generating interest in film quality and the most bring your content on top to receive appreciation. They not only bring you the best but allow constructive criticism in the comments section to improve you.
• Are much lesser with fluff: Unlike other platform they provide quick view to find out the required clip on Vimeo.
• Promotes no advertisements: You don’t find any such distraction banner or commercial before you start looking for a video.
• Have cleaner layout: One can easily view out video with limited clutter around the frame primarily focussing on the real motive.
• They ensure password protection: One can protect their video content with a password to show only to their friends before going public.
Do they charge for service?
It is free to sign up for a basic membership but charge for its extended versions like Vimeo Plus that costs around $9.95 per month and Vimeo Pro that costs $199 per year with high definition quality in video.
They are planning for live streaming platform as their next launch after acquiring Livestream to get associated with the technology.