Doges Palace Venice
Doges Palace is a historic palace located in Venice, Italy, featuring ancient gothic style. The palace was previously the house of the chief magistrate, and it opened for public in 1923. The museum is a branch of the Venetian Museums Network. As of 2018 records, the director of the palace is Camillo Tonini. The opening hours of the museum for the public are 8.30 am to 5.30 am. The visitor can buy a ticket online as well as from counter.
The museum provides several services to visitors named as Desk Info, Ticket Office, Cloakroom, Toilet, Bookshop, Museum Cafe, Life, and Baby Pit-Stop. The secret museum itineraries, prisons, and armory are not available for visitors. The toilets are also available for visitors on the ground floor. It is free for children 0 to 5 and disabled people with visitors. The museum is also available for television, cinema and digital shootings for half or full day.
Doges Palace Venice History
The planning for building Doge Palace was started in 810 when Doge Agnello Participazio transferred to the seat of government. There is no trace of the building because the fire destroyed the palace. Later, the development work of the palace was taken by Sebastiano Ziani. At that time, the palace constructed outside the Fortress. In 1340, the palace construction started. In 1547, a huge fire destroyed some rooms of second floor and works of Gentile da Fabriano, Pianello, Alvise Vivarini, Vittore Carpaccio, Giovanni Bellini, and Titian. In the 19th century, the palace was showing signs of decay. The Italian Government In 1996 then restored the palace; the historical museum became the part of Civic Museums of Venice network.
Doges Palace Venice Educational Services & Collections
The museums organize several services for schools, adults, and families along with organizing special lectures and study of historical, artistic and scientific themes for students. The museum staff trained in several languages named as English, French, Spanish, and Russian. The Doge’s Palace involves parents and children in various activities. The visitors can also organize birthday of children’s.
The collections in the museum include The Museo dell’Opera, The Courtyard and the Logg, The Doge’s Apartments, Institutional Chambers, Prisons, Armoury, and Doge’s Hidden Treasures. The Institutional Chambers has three floors named as First Floor, Second Floor, and The Loggia Floor. The Museo dell’Opera is also destroyed several times through fire.